The Skyward app allows administrators to seamlessly integrate Skyward with Incident IQ by automating most aspects of your data upload. This provides administrators the ability to easily manage email translation settings, as well as the sync and mapping options for users, groups, and locations between the two programs in one convenient location. The following guide provides an in-depth overview of managing this application in Incident IQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
- Installing the Skyward Integration – A guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to install the Skyward app into Incident IQ.
- Managing Incident IQ Apps – A guide designed to provide a brief overview of Incident IQ Apps and how to access app management.
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
Accessing the Skyward App Management
You can edit all information entered during installation using the management options. To do so go to the Apps Management page by selecting Incident IQ Apps > Manage on the left navigation bar.
On the Installed Apps tab on the Apps Management page select Manage on the Skyward app.
This will take you to the Skyward app management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you to view basic user and group data, as well as run manual syncs with Skyward.
- Settings tab where you to view and update your authentication (API Url, consumer key, and consumer secret) as well as your field mappings.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change your location mappings between Skyward and Incident IQ.
- Sync History tab where you view the sync data for each sync including users updated, skipped, created, and deactivated.
- User History tab where you can view the user revision history in Incident IQ, as well as the current groups this user belongs to.
- Models tab where you can set whether Skyward is available for use in ticket submission within Incident IQ.
This tab provides you with a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Skyward.
If necessary, the Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
In the Sync section, you can get a full overview of the changes made during the last system sync. This includes any additions, deletions, or updates to user data in Incident IQ. Additionally, you can also manually kick off a sync between Skyward and iiQ by clicking on Start Sync.
And finally, the Data Changes section shows a summarized account of the most recent changes made during the last system sync.
This tab allows you to change or validate your Skyward API data, as well as make changes to your user data options.
The Authentication section allows you to view and manage the following OneRoster API settings:
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
The User Mapping section contains two key features that are managed by iiQ Administrators. Changes to settings here can only be made upon request to a member of the Incident IQ support team. These settings will only affect account information stored in iiQ. Data stored in Skyward will not be affected by these features.
The Translate Email feature allows iiQ to translate the domain name of your district’s Skyward email addresses to another domain name inside of iiQ. This is used in cases when the email domains of your AD/SSO accounts and Skyward do not match. When set, the email translation can make your Skyward emails appear exactly the same as your AD/SSO emails, ensuring user data between the two systems matches correctly in iiQ.
Alternatively, the Append to Username for Email lookup feature allows iiQ to append an email domain to a user’s username. This is used in cases where a user does not have an email address attached to their Skyward account. When set, the appended information will make the username appear the same as the AD/SSO account format, ensuring user data between the two systems matches correctly in iiQ.
The Import Options section controls when iiQ imports, skips or deactivates accounts or calendars based on Skyward data. You have access to the following options:
- Add Rooms to Users: Assign the user with their homeroom.
- Skip import of calendars: Do not import the SIS calendars.
The next following options can only be made upon request to a member of the Incident IQ support team. This includes the ability to do the following:
- Import students: Allows the creation of accounts based on Skyward users of type: student.
- Import teachers: Allows the creation of accounts based on Skyward users of type: teachers.
- Import administrators: Allows the creation of accounts based on Skyward users of type: administrator.
- Import other users: Allows the creation of accounts based on Skyward users such as parents or guardians.
- Include inactive users: Allows the creation of iiQ accounts based on users marked as inactive in Skyward.
- Deactivate users: Automatically removes user accounts authenticated by Skyward from iiQ when they are deactivated in Aeries.
- Allow Non-Agent Role Downgrades: Allows iiQ to automatically downgrade agent or admin users to a requestor level account if their account is downgraded in Skyward.
- Skip import of user relationships: Do not import relationships for user (e.g. parents, guardians)
In the Available Features section, you can enable parent/guardian logins. This gives parents/guardians with Infinite Campus accounts the ability to login to Incident IQ to see their student’s account.
The Field Mapping section allows you to control what fields get updated and what priority the Skyward has when updating user accounts during syncs. The left-hand column of checkboxes allows you to enable and disable user data fields for use in data syncs.
Important: Please note that unchecking a box will prevent any app from syncing data into the deselected field. For instance, if you uncheck the Phone option, no app will be able to write data into this field, not just Skyward.
You can also set the app priority in the right-hand column. Selecting Update if not already set will prioritize other applications over the Skyward sync if another system is already pulling in the selected system. Alternatively, selecting Always Update places no prioritization on which app will update this field.
Make sure to select Save after making any changes before you navigate away from this tab. Otherwise, your new settings will not update in Incident IQ.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between Skyward and Incident IQ.
You can set or modify your current default location as well as match locations in Skyward to the locations in Incident IQ.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to look up the data for any sync between Skyward and Incident IQ. Clicking on the link of any sync will display the number of users updated, skipped, created, or deleted during the course of that particular sync.
Clicking on particular sync will bring up the sync details which include the total number of users, groups, as well as the number of users add, updated and skipped. Clicking on the Created, Updated, or Skipped options below the overview will provide you a list of users that fell under that category during the sync.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to look up user data pulling from Skyward data so you can see what information Incident IQ is able to access on the selected user.
The information displayed includes what type of user they are, their username, first and last names, organization groups they belong to, as well as their sync/change history.
The Models tab allows you to set whether Skyward is available for ticket submission. By default, Skyward is enabled, but if you do not wish to utilize the ticketing functionality you can simply uncheck the model activation box.
The Skyward Widget
Administrators in districts with a Skyward integration can access basic Skyward data on a user directly from their user page using the Skyward Widget. This tool allows you to immediately view their Skyward Id, Identifier, Role, Status, Grade, Location, and Homeroom information.
Tip: Homeroom and grade-level data are also available as filters for user views. For more information on applying filters to user views check out the Filtering the Users View section of this document. Additionally, you can find out more about Custom Views by clicking here.
They can also access the courses a user is enrolled in as well as the Incident IQ and Skyward sync history of the user.
Additionally, should you need to make any changes to a user’s account, you can access the following features using the Options button:
- Sync User: This option allows you to sync this individual user’s data without the need for a full sync between Incident IQ and Skyward.
- Remove link to SIS User: This option allows you to unassociate the Skyward account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.
- Change SIS User: This option allows you to change the Skyward account that is tied to this Incident IQ account.