You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
Create, distribute, and manage student and employee policies with Policy Manager. Deliver policy agreements and forms through multiple portals—through Incident IQ, a direct URL, student ID lookup, or sending the policy via emails. Segment audiences by location, role, or through individual student or staff lists. Policy Manager makes it simple to create a trusted channel to quickly distribute district agreements.
To access the Policy Manager app click Incident IQ Apps on the left navigation, then click on the Manage tab. Find the Policy Manager app and click on Manage.
Creating a New Policy
From the Policies tab you can create new policies. At the top right corner click on +Add Policy.
On the Policy Details page, you will need to enter the following information:
- Name*: Title of this policy agreement.
- Type*: Select the type of policy (Acceptable User Policy or Device Policy).
- Device Policy type will notify the agent that this policy should be signed before an asset is checked out to the user. This warning message will only display if the user has not accepted or declined the policy.
- Active Period: Set an active time period for this policy.
- Logo: Attach a logo that will display for users on the policy acceptance page.
- Body*: Enter the body of the agreement.
- Acceptance Confirmation Message: Confirmation message that appears when a user accepts a policy.
- Decline Confirmation Message: Decline message that appears when a user declines a policy.
Under the Options section, you choose how the policy will appear and what required information needs to be filled out.
- Acceptance Requirements* will require the user to enter one or more of the following to accept the policy:
- Legal Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Acceptance Methods* is how the user will receive to accept the policy.
- Inside IncidentIQ: This will take users to the Policy Approval page if they have login access to Incident IQ.
- Direct Url: This will allow users to use a direct URL to the Policy Approval page. Users do not have to login to Incident IQ. The direct URL is a unique url per target user. When enabled you can send an email within iiQ to target users for this policy. The email will contain the direct URL for each target user.
Please review the section regarding sending email with a direct URL link here.
- Lookup by Student Id: Allows users to enter in their ID to access the Policy Approval page. Incident IQ will provide you with the URL for the Lookup page. When enabled you can send an email within iiQ to target users for this policy. The email will contain the Lookup page URL.
Please review the section regarding sending email with a Lookup by student ID link here.
- Alert Methods* is how the policy alert will be displayed when a user logs into iiQ.
- Dashboard Widget: alert users of a new policy through a widget located at the top of a user’s dashboard.
- Popup message on login: alert users of a new policy through a pop-up window when user logs in.
- Policy Options allows a user to decline the agreement.
- The policy can be declined
Under the Target Audiences section, you can limit which user(s) should receive the policy. Click on +Add.
Next, enter one or more of the following options:
- By Locations
- By Roles
- By Users
These options are dependent on the other Target Audience Setting. For example, if you select the Role “Student” and then select Location “A”. The policy will be set for all the students at location A. Click +Add to add additional target audiences for the policy.
The last section is the Policy Role Permissions. This is based on the users roles. This enables who
- Can approve on behalf of self
- Can view the approval status on behalf of others
- Can approve/decline on behalf of others
Email the Policy to Target Users
You can send an email through iiQ to the target users that contains a link to the policy. To the right of the policy click More and then Email Target Users. Next, you can edit the subject line and body of the email. Automatically the Policy link will be inserted into the email. The link that is inserted is dependent on the acceptance method selected when creating the policy.
Lookup Page Acceptance Method
Access the Lookup Page URL on the Policies tab by clicking on More and then Open Lookup Page.
This will open a new tab with the URL to provide to users. Copy the URL and send it to your users. This page is where the user will enter in their ID and will bring them to the policy acceptance page.
Export Target Users & Reporting
You can quickly export a report on any policy by selecting More > Export Target Users on the right side of the policy. The export contains the users basic information, as well as the acceptance or decline date of the policy.
If you are using the Direct URL acceptance method you can export target users to access the unique URLs to send to users through your emailing system.
Check Out an Asset with an Active Policy
When the Type of policy is Device Policy, an agent will receive a warning when checking out an asset to a user that has not accepted or declined an active policy. This will notify the agent that this policy should be signed before an asset is checked out to the user.
User Viewing a Policy and Status of Policy
Users are able to view each policy on their dashboard. They can view the status of the policies. Clicking on more to the right, users can view the policy, and quickly accept or decline policy.