Warning: This document contains instructions for adjusting app synchronization settings that can adversely affect your device data, user data, and/or user mapping settings in Incident IQ. As such, only qualified personnel should proceed with making adjustments to the settings outlined in this document.
The Google SSO App allows administrators to seamlessly integrate Google’s secure single sign-on feature into Incident IQ. This provides users with the ability to confidently and easily sign in using only their Google account. The following guide is designed to provide an in-depth overview on how to manage the Google SSO App in iiQ.
Not what you were looking for? Perhaps one of these other guides will help:
You can use the following links below to quickly navigate to a specific section in this document. To quickly return to this index simply use the Return to Index link located at the end of any section.
Accessing the Google SSO App Management
Navigate to the Apps Management page and select Options on the Google SSO App.
This will take you to the Google SSO App management page where you will be able to select the following tabs:
- Overview tab where you can view basic user and group data, reset your authentication status or run a manual sync with your Google directory.
- User Mappings tab where you can update your filter settings and email translations.
- Location Mappings tab where you can change the default location users will automatically map to if they do not have an existing mapping in the system.
- Role Mappings tab where you can change the role users will automatically map to if they do not have an existing mapping in the system.
- Troubleshoot tab where you can look up individual users to see how they are mapped in Google.
This tab provides you with a brief summary of your current users, groups, and changes made to users in Incident IQ during the last sync with Google.
Aside from user and group data, you can reset your authentication status with Google from here by clicking on the Reset button. Alternatively, you also have the option of forcing a manual sync with your Google directory by selecting Re-Sync.
User Mappings Tab
From here, you can change your email filter and translation information, as well as your user creation, updating, and deletion settings. The filters section allows you to sort out users being imported based on their email or OU group.
- Example Email Filter: If you set a filter for “@iiq.k12.ga.us” in the email section, Incident IQ will automatically ignore these email addresses containing this string during a sync.
- Example OU Fragment Filter: Setting a wildcard OU Filter of “Guests” will ensure that all users that belong to an OU with the word “Guests” in it will not import during a sync.
- Email Translation: This enables Incident IQ to translate email addresses pulled from Google into a uniform format when storing in iiQ. This is useful, and often necessary when using Incident IQ in conjunction with programs such as Infinite Campus.
- Example: Setting a translation to find “@google.com” and replace it with “@iiq.k12.ga.us” will ensure that all “@google.com” addresses are updated and stored as “@iiq.k12.ga.us” in iiQ only. This will not make any changes to the addresses stored within Google itself.
- Create User: When this box is checked, a new user will be created in Incident IQ for any new users found during the initial import from Google, as well as any new users found when a sync is run.
- Update User: When this box is checked, a user will be updated in Incident IQ when any changes are found during a sync.
- Delete User: When this box is checked, a user will be deleted in Incident IQ when a user is found to have been removed in Google during a sync.
Location Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify your current location mappings between Incident IQ and Google SSO. You are also able to modify your current default location for any users that do not have a mapped location during an import or sync. When mapping to locations, you may use groups, OU fragments, or both.
Role Mappings Tab
This tab allows you to select or modify which user groups are assigned to which role in Incident IQ. You can add one or multiple user groups or OUs to each role using the Custom Mapping section. Additionally, you can select the default role for users that do not have an assigned role mapping.
Sync History Tab
This tab allows you to view your sync history between Google SSO and Incident IQ. Every sync, whether it completed successfully or not, is logged for reference purposes.
Clicking on particular sync will bring up the sync details which include the total number of users, groups, as well as the number of users add, updated and skipped. Clicking on the Created, Updated, or Skipped options below the overview will pull up all users affected by this change during the sync.
User History Tab
This tab allows you to search for any user’s Google SSO information. This includes their Google ID, email addresses, Group Membership, and their sync history. This information is useful in quickly determining if the user is affected by any email translations, establishing their group mappings, and identifying if syncing between the systems is being suppressed.