About this Course
You don’t want to miss this course! It is loaded with information from getting started with the asset importer tool to the total visibility of devices through Assets Explorer. Do you need to label a new shipment of Chromebooks? Do you need a list of devices for students no longer with the districts? Between Assets Explorer, Smart Search, and Custom Views, you will have everything you need – from checking devices in and out to eliminating redundant efforts with batch actions.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to:
- Install and configure asset management integrations and apps to help with maintaining devices
- Import and utilize the Asset File Importer for new devices and bulk changes for assets
- Add and manage asset funding sources, asset types, and asset statuses
- Create and edit manufacturers and models and control the visibility of assets with modules and roles
- Design and manage asset custom fields to capture or convey other information displayed in tickets, asset data, and user profiles
- Utilize Assets Explorer and Smart Search to search and view the inventory of all assets in the district
- Create ticket, asset, and user custom views and reports to curate and manage data
- Edit individual assets by creating, restarting, or locking assets remotely
- Implement bulk asset management to unassign devices, print asset labels, link devices, and change location data for devices
- Execute assigning devices and collecting devices to individuals with the check-in and check-out tool
This course is broken out into different lessons and topics. We recommend completing all lessons and topics to set yourself up for success.